Saturday, December 3, 2011

Two Weeks Left...

It's really hard to believe that I have only two weeks left here in London. My previous trips to London were both for a week. So I know how quickly these weeks will fly. But while I will miss it here, I will be very happy to be back in the United States.

Today I went to Portobello Road to walk around the market. I went with some friends a few weeks ago but it wasn't on a saturday when the real market comes to life. I had however been there on one of my previous trips so I remembered how awesome the place was. As always there are tons of cool things to buy, but I was good (especially since I was alone and didn't have anyone telling me not to buy things). I bought a cool bronze piano sculpture that actually has a pencil sharpener in it and a brass key hook that says "Keys & Things" for my parents. I also bought a cool compass that I saw. It was very cheep for what it was but still looks really cool. My entire time here I have been the navigator for my group of friends, always the one carrying the map, so I thought it would fit nicely.

I realize now that this was my last Saturday in London. Next Saturday I'll be going to Stratford-Upon-Avon with my Shakespeare class and the Saturday after that I'll be flying home. It's really weird thinking about that. But for now, it's time to finish up the work so I can go home.

13 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment