Friday, December 16, 2011

Time To Go Home

So here it is...the end of my study abroad experience. I can not believe that this time has actually come.

I realized there would be no way I could sleep before this flight. I decided just to stay up and shower at about 3am to wake myself up. It worked. I've been throwing things away (sheets, towels...etc) and cleaning the room. Bringing back to the state it was in when I first arrived. (Don't worry...I'll take a picture)

This has been the most incredible experience in my life. I can't believe that I was considering not studying abroad. I have learned so much, not only academics wise, but also about myself. I feel like a different person than when I first got here. And I've had a few people come up to me and tell me the same thing...they notice that I'm different...in a good way. My mind is filled with memories of this incredible place. I got to live in London for three months. I got to travel to Paris, Prague and Vienna. I got to do so many incredible things......

Ugh, ok I can't keep typing this. I'm starting to tear up a little bit. Plus I'm kind of tired and want to spend this last hour with my friend (who will be in the car with me anyway...). I'm going to write a post probably on Sunday once I'm home. Or maybe Saturday once I land....we'll see how tired I am.

But there's one thing I need to say in this post that can't wait....

Goodbye London. Thank you for all you have taught me. You will always hold a special place in my heart. A place of comfort and joy. Words can not express how grateful I am for this experience. And though I may be leaving, I know I will be back to see you again. But until that time comes, stay well and stay strong.

It's time for me to go home. It's time for me to go back to my family and friends and all the people who I care about and who care about me. And as much as I don't want this to end, I know it wouldn't be as special unless it did.

Goodbye London....Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment